Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 04:56:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_2_2

> For those tracking RELENG_2_2, I ran into some gotcha's recently:
>
> 1) Add mail to /etc/group so mtree can update /var/mail.

Yeah, that was my change.  Unfortunately, I couldn't think of any but
the most icky ways of fixing this in /usr/src/Makefile, and the
obvious move of actually editing your /etc/group file from the world
rule sets such a truly evil precedent ("make world now plays in the
/etc directory of your build machine!  Joy!") that I couldn't bring
myself to do it.

I think getting over the hump by hand (look at it as portaging your
canoe :-) is probably the cleanest solution, albeit not the
friendliest.

> 2) The shared lib libutil is bumped to a new version.

I thought Satoshi yelled about this - resolution?  Quick guys?! :)

> 3) You won't be able to login to your computer if you don't have
> /etc/login.conf.

Yikes!  Hmmmm.  Actually, hasn't that been a problem for awhile?

					Jordan