Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:42:55 -0500
From:      "Justin L. Ogden" <jlo@csrlink.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp dialin connections

I'm a newby to this mailing list, so sorry if this question is in the
wrong place...

I am currently running FreeBSD 2.2.1 on P100 with 16MB RAM and a 1GB
HDD.  (I know, puny system, upgrade is coming soon).  I've been playing
around with FreeBSD for about 6 months now, and I've finally set some
goals to accomplish.  I'm trying set up dialin accounts so that someone,
say with a Win95 box, can call up my system via modem and connect with
Win95's dialup networking.  It sorta works now, but there is something
that I'm missing.  When the Win95 system calls up, I get the error
message that it couldn't connect, and to check the TCP/IP settings.
But, if I enalbe a terminal window after dailup, and manually type in
the username and password, and hit F7 to continue, it works fine.  Any
ideas?

Also, since I've joined the mailling list last night, I must have
recieved 200 messages.  Is there any alternative to the mailing list,
such as a news group that does the same thing?  Thanks for the help!
L8er
Justin