Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:56:20 -0500
From:      Jeremy Tillis <jeremyt1@dbtech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   16650 UART

I am very new to FreeBSD.  I want to use an external ISDN terminal adapter,
so I purchased a Byte Runner 16650 UART serial card, after seeing users having
success using it in the mailing list archives.

However, when I boot the box, it detects the serial port as a 16550A port,
not a newer 16650 port.

How do I add support for the 16650 UART?  I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 RELEASE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.