Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:13:46 -0700
From:      Rui He <herui@info.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Some FreeBSD 2.2.6 packages MD5 sum error?

I've downloaded the FreeBSD 2.2.6 from your ftp site
   ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.6-RELEASE
 But when I md5sum the packages, I found  these errors:

bin.ai: FAILED
bin.cc: FAILED
catpages.ai: FAILED
doc.ai: FAILED
games.ai: FAILED
manpages.ai: FAILED
scontrib.ai: FAILED
sgames.ai: FAILED
sgnu.ai: FAILED
slib.ai: FAILED
sshare.ai: FAILED
ssys.ai: FAILED
subin.ai: FAILED
susbin.ai: FAILED

Then I re-download a bin.cc from ftp.de.freebsd.org, compare it with the
bad one, they are the same! Why?

cat bin.?? | tar tvz will failed at bin.ai

Is the ftp.cdrom.com FreeBSD 2.2.6 distribution correct?

                                                       raner
                                                     Apr. 20, 98