Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:27:42 -0700
From:      Support Desk <support@internetuniverse.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freeBSD, dial-up and ppp

I am using freeBSD 2.2.5 on an Intel Pentium box, this install has gone
fine, I wish to be able to dial into this machine using a windows95
machine and connect a ppp session so we may use tools such as FrontPage
(already installed and working).

I am looking for some GOOD resources to help me configue the rest of the
system.

Here are my current problems..

1. Using a USRobotics 28.8 Fax Modem on the freeBSD box, I am unable to
get this unit to answer. Have configured the following

Dip Switches  1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8   U-D-U-D-U-U-U-D

AT codes as Follows

ATZ
AT&C1&D2&H1&I0&R2&W
AT&F&W

I am trying to set this to 9600 baud but am willing to set it up to any
plan that works. I believe that the etc files have been configured
correctly.

2. Need GOOD information on how to get ppp dialin working on the machine
working (very important with windows95 dialing in)

Thanks For Any Help Provided

George Hegyes
New York, New York

-- The Internet Universe, Inc.  -- Connecting You To The Planet --

www.internetuniverse.com