Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 15:55:35 -0500
From:      Jordan <jordan-k@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HMMMMMMMM

Well I was very curious when I heard about your operating system. I have
been looking for a powerful personal alternate OS instead of Windows 95.
I have heard some good things about your OS and also Linux. (Those are
what I have it narrowed down to.)

I have heard though, that linux is easier for a Unix newbie, like me, so
I was wondering if you think that a expierienced windows user could get
along? I have purchased a Linux redhat system from Walnut creek and it
would not install, that is why I started getting interested in FreeBSD.
So I will either buy a different Linux or get FreeBSD.

What can you tell me about it that would apply to personal use and not
so much server use? I know that there are quite a few similarities
between Linux and FreeBSD. So I would like some insight or opinion on
the two in compare and contrast.
--
J.O.R.D.A.N.
ICQ# 7297792