Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:39:32 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cannot open /dev/bktr with pthreads C library

Hi

I have some code which opens the Bt848 device and grabs frames.

I recompiled my code with "gcc -lc_r" to use the threaded
libc.

The plan was to add some Posix Threads later.

Well, when compiled with -lc_r, calling open() to open
/dev/bktr fails and returns errno of 25

errno.h says this is NOTTY /* Inappropriate ioctl for device */

Any ideas?

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman,       | Department of Computer Science,
PhD Research Student, | University of Strathclyde,