Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:49:36 +0000
From:      Dan Boudro <dboudro@nmia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kerbos - ppp - linux - questions

Hello, I'm a freeBSD convert from linux. So far so good, using 2.2.5.
There are a couple of annoyances I thought I'd ask about.

1. When I su to root I get the following:
    su -
    su: kerberos: not in root's ACL.
    Password:

Since I'm not running kerberos I'm confused.  I tried to use kadmin but
couldn't figure it out.

2.  my ppp-on script logs me into my ISP just fine but I get this
message:
User Process PPP. Written by Toshiharu OHNO.
Using interface: tun0
Automatic Dialer mode
Tcp: Can't open socket 3000: No password in ppp.secret
What is socket 3000 used for and how can I get rid of this?

3.  I miss  Motif.  I have the Motif 2.1 package from RH for RH5.0.
Has anyone had any luck porting this?  Could I just try the rpm package
in the ports collection and install or is it much more complicated that
this.
I'm running LKM but get the message:
ELF binary type not known
when I try to startx with mwm as the window manager (then X crashes)
I'm using Netscape 4.04 for linux since I've heard about the
problems people have had with 4.05 for FreeBSD and it works fine.

Thank you for any help.

Dan