Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 10:57:22 -0700
From:      "Saffa J. Kemokai" <admin@sulima.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem ...

Hello:

Not sure where to send this but here is what I am trying to do:

I am trying to set up modem(s) by talking directly to the modem thru a
terminal emulator such as hypeterminal in win95 (of course feel free to
recommend something else based on your experience with it).

- I have setup hyperterm to "direct connect on com2", enulation to vt100
(tried others), set the baud rate rate to 115200 (which is what I would
want for this modem), flow control to 'Hardware". I have tried various
settings. However, I am not able to access the modem or get "OK" signal
to issue AT commands. I do see "connected" and the connection time count
alright. Hit <ENTER> few times hoping to invoke "OK" signal but no luck.

Note that the WKS and configuration is working fine. I used the same
hyperm couple of days ago to configure a terminal server using the same
cables.

Does anyone has some idea that will help me here or recommend a
downloadble utility I can use to configure this modem. I really need to
talk directly to the modem.

Thanks for your help...

Saffa Kemokai
http://www.sulima.com