Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:44:41 +0300
From:      Dmitry Kiryukhin <dmitry@neighbour.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with network card

Hello!

Can you help me please? I have FreeBSD 2.2.6. When I made my own kernel at
first time, it causes no problem. But when I bought a PCI network card
(NE2000-compatible) and tried to rebuild kernel with

device ed0

line in config, 'make' command says:

../../i386/isa/if_ed.c:2567: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_output' referenced from text segment
if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_ifattach' referenced from text segment
if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_ioctl' referenced from text segment
if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_addmulti' referenced from text segment
if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_delmulti' referenced from text segment
if_ed.o: Undefined symbol `_ether_input' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

> What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for help,