Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:30:59 -0600
From:      Scott Honey <shoney@symmetricsolutions.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Fwd: vpo0 driver not displaying or functioning correctly]

> Scott Honey wrote:
>
> I'm currently running a FreeBSD 3.0-Release box with a Intel 200mhz
> with 32 megs ram. I'm running off of an ELF kernel. I'm trying to get
the
> vpo driver and ppc to work, when Itake the code from the LINT
> configuration file and place it in my GENERIC config file:

>     #device        lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr

>     controller     scbus0
>     device            da0

>     controller    ppbus0
>     controller    vpo0    at  ppbus?
>     device          nlpt0    at  ppbus?
>     device         plip0     at ppbus?
>     device         ppi0      at ppbus?
>     device         pps0     at ppbus?
>
>     controller    ppc0    at isa? disable port ? tty irq 7 vector
ppcintr

> when I apply this change to a GENERIC config file that I haven't
> changed and I reboot my box, nothing happens, its like I didn't
> even include it in my configuration. When I had 2.2.6 loaded up
> it would tell me that it found the drive and stuff but now all it does

> is continue on without a hint of the driver.Its hard to find any text
> on the 3.0-release yet on the subject. Does anyone have a clue
> what to do with this? I don't care if I get flamed for this question,
> i've been trying to get this thing to work sence the release of 3.0
> and nothing helps. Any help is welcome.

 In case anyone wants to know how to get their parallel zip drive to
work ina 3.0-Release system, rem out the nlpt, plip, ppi, and pps
devices, alsoremove the disable from the ppc0 controller. The new line
should look as follows:controller ppc0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector

ppcintrThe README document for ppbus and LINT configuration file don't
tell youto rem out these devices and also doesn't tell you to remove the

disable.