Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:21:52 +0100
From:      Christian Toinard <toinard@cnam.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problem: NT4.0+Linux+FreeBSD

I did a proper installation of NT4.0+RedHat4.2+FreeBSD2.2.6.
I copied the 512 bytes of the FreeBSD partition using dd under Linux and

then used the NT boot loader (add an entry for FreeBSD with the file of
512 bytes).
Today, I try again on the same machine to make an installation using
NT4.0+Debian2.0+FreeBSD2.2.7.
The NT boot loader uses well the 512 bytes but the boot process of
FreeBSD says that the file boot.config is not found. Afterwards, the
boot process runs an infinite loop telling that the FreeBSD kernel can
not be found.
Did anyone have a suggestion? It seems to be a wrong configuration of
the file boot.config.
How can I update this file (the fixit procedure seems to be a solution
but it is a hard way...).

Thank you for your help or advice,
Christian Toinard.
Assistant Professor, ENSERB.