Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:12:13 -1100
From:      Guy Penfold <bakshish@projectx.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP netscape & proxy servers

Hello,

Can anyone help with this problem. I have configured PPP and can get it
to dial my ISP howvever it will not get any pages from the web because
my ISP uses a proxy server. The version of netscape, v4.05 for
freebsd,i'm using has no section for proxy severs under the preferences
tab( unlike the windows version of netscape which has fields for
http,ftp  and other proxies.) Also have looked at ppp.conf and for some
configuration files in the netscape files but cannot find any
reference to proxy servers. Any assistance would be appreciated.

regards

Guy