Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 01:19:20 -0500
From:      David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X  Windows not fully loading...

Hi - sorry to bother you overly burdened volunteers with
my pesky problem.

I only recently purchased the FreeBSD version 2.2.8 - Everything
seems to be fine except X Windows.

For X Windows the installation went fine.  No errors.  It went into
graphics mode fine during installation. I've tried several graphics
configurations - they all seem to work fine - until I type "X" to
run X Windows. It goes into graphics mode with a big X (the mouse)
on the screen - and that's the end of it!

To get out of this I type Ctrl-Alt-Backspace which is where it goes
back to text mode - there is a long list of system verifications
showing then - they all look fine - except the last one maybe -
it says "Fonts Loaded = 0" - (although at the top of the list it
confirms that all fonts have been loaded - and list the names
of each font and it's path.  I've run mkfontdir in appropriate
directory again just in case.

Sorry I can't provide you with more info - I know unix to get around
fairly well - but don't know X Windows.

Please help if you can!  Thanks!