Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:31:42 -0500
From:      Keith Camden <kcamden@sportingnews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compaq Servers and FreeBSD

We're thinking about upgrading a FreeBSD box that we have to a new
computer. We have standardized on Compaq servers for our file servers in
our organization, and I'm wondering if FreeBSD will support the built-in
SCSI and Ethernet on the Compaq server.

The server that we are looking at is a rack mount Compaq 1850R with a
Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX embedded UTP Controller with full duplex
Ethernet support and a Compaq Integrated Dual Channel Wide-Ultra SCSI-3
Controller.

Will FreeBSD support the Compaq Ethernet card and SCSI controller?

I've checked the FreeBSD support documentation on Ethernet Cards and
Disk Controllers, and these cards do not appear.

Keith Camden
Network Analyst
The Sporting News
kcamden@sportingnews.com