Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 12:44:14 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sofupdates - which partitions make sense

I currently have softupdates happening on /var and /usr.
Should I also enable it for the / partition?  If so, how
does one do that since the partition can't be mounted while running tunefs?
Also, since the / partition rarely gets written to, does it make sense
to enable softupdates on it?

-- mark@slugo:/boot:>mount
/dev/wd0s2a on / (local, writes: sync 349 async 1004)
/dev/wd0s2e on /var (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 82 async 674)
/dev/wd0s2f on /usr (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 1783 async 4978)
procfs on /proc (local)
/dev/wd0s1 on /dos/c (local)
/dev/wd1s1 on /dos/d (local)

--