Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 21:46:14 -0800
From:      Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Why I suffer [Was: Re: Microsoft dies after 47 days (was: Moving on and  check outmy.sig)]

Alex Perel wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Nocturne wrote:
> > in Windows-relative terms.  No software other than Quickbooks,
> > Quattro Pro, and Quicken.  The longest it's run without a fault of
>
>         A real hacker would write his own accounting system though, no need
> for such a cop out - Q* money programs are not to be trusted!

Okay, show me an X accounting program with the features of QuickBooks
and I'll switch right now.  As soon as I can teach the lusers^Wnon-
technical people[1] how to use an entirely new system.  Did I mention
that it has to be data-compatible with QuickBooks and Quicken so we
can still read the files we get from clients?  Not as simple as one
might think...

>         What you may want to do is (carefully) move the computer to the
> center of the floor. Get a big red crayon, and draw a pentagram around it.
> Next, candles - red is preferred but not required. Just make sure they are
> the long lasting kind - it'd be a real shame if the computer outlives the
> candles. Once you've done all that, walk away and lock the door. Don't come
> back until the 49.7th day of operation. If all goes well the machine will
> have transformed into a mutant of Windoze, OS/2 and CP/M. That is the
> perfect time to launch a preemptive strike and destroy it. Am I getting
> ahead of myself here?

Yes, you are getting ahead of yourself.  You see, I have to wait 27
days and 18 hours between rituals.  The forces inhabiting the computer
lab demand it.  Something to do with dried frogs and naked redheads
masturbating on the network hubs.  But I'll keep your recommendation
in mind.

FYI:  MCSE (anacronym) Mastery of Computerized Satanic Enchantment,
one of several occult arts involving the assimilation of knowledge
and reprogramming of human minds into a state of mindless advocacy.
See also: toadie (sl.)

[1] Loose interpretation.  Liken said beings to small furry rodents
known for undeterable mass exodus and their title roles in a popular
series of DOS-based puzzle-solving computer games by Psygnosis.

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net                                    ICQ: 29880099
gryph@mindless.com                          PGP DH/DSS key available