Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:56:51 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Travan-20 tape streamer: unit not ready

Hi matt! Thanks for your response.

So, what do you suggest? Seems ridiculous for a tape device not to
support rewind! If I can't rewind it, it gets silly. I tried inserting
the tape and make an mt fsf 1 right away; still problem, but I guess cam
still tries to load the tape first, running samount... I guess one could
just comment away the exit part in the code below, and see what
happens...

I don't have much experience with tape devices, apart from my old travan
TR-4. This new tape is brand new, and I might be able to return it.
Maybe I should get another piece of hardware? Suggestions? I've only
heard bad opinions about DAT, but maybe they're better than the travan
stuff? Anything has cheaper tapes than tr, too... I can't get them for
less than close to $40 a piece here, and we're resellers... :(

/Palle