Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 18:14:58 -0500
From:      Troy Craig <tcraig@medt.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   I think I am losing the battle.

I currently am the Sys Admin for a small I.S.P. (medt.com).  We hired an
outside tech to
setup our site and get things running.  Since then I have attempted to
learn all I can about
Freebsd.  But I have fallen short.

So I decided that my main prob was that I didn't have a machine at home
running FreeBSD that I could tinker with, without worrying about Nuking
our main server.

Well, now I have FreeBSD running at home but I am still getting
nowhere.  I have a good understanding of Dos and Windows but I have
learned that that really doesn't mean much, and have been around
computers for about 15 years but much of this escapes me.  The system
hierarchy to me is so chaotic that I have trouble knowing where anything
is.

Is there a forum or List server that I could join that deals with lost
newbies like me?

Tcraig
Medt.com
Sys. Admin