Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 1999 11:20:57 +0400
From:      "Serguei V. Melekhov" <smelekov@vniigazmain.gazprom.ru>
To:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ipfw related.

Hello Security Users,

    Maybe i missed something... Well.. Just read text below and help if
u can.;) Thanks in advance.

    Let me show you one thing:

ipfw add xxxx deny all from my.host.com to evil.host.com

- It denies packets from my.host.com to evil.host.com, but
evil.host.com still can send packets to my.host.com.

 Decision: add another deny rule. But here is my question!
Is there any other ways to deny packets in both sides (in and out)
by writing only one ipfw rule?

 Reason: I have a very big ipfw rule table and just wanna optimize it in
some way.
--
Yours,
 Serguei V. Melekhov

System Administrator of International Relations
And Information Division
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Natural
Gases and Gas Technologies
Tel. (095) 355-9165
Fax: (095) 399-1677