Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 02:57:25 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Motomichi Matsuzaki <mzaki@e-mail.ne.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unicode support for Joliet CDs

Motomichi Matsuzaki wrote:

> Unicode support patch for -current and -stable is now updated.
>
> See http://triaez.kaisei.org/~mzaki/joliet/
>
> # It's not intended to merge into the repository.
>
> CHANGES:
>
> * By default, filenames are encode by UTF-8, not converted to any charset.

BTW, some people mentioned losing case in Joliet names. Is/was this
caused by the convertion? Is it fixed in this version?

> * Add support for ISO-8859-2 and KOI8-R.
>
> * Add kernel config option CHARSET_*.
>   They are to specify the conversion tables you need.

And how about selecting the charset to be used? Does this still goes
through sysctl, did you get it on a mount option as I suggested, or
what?

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness if that _none_ of his
predictions have come true yet."