Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 15:15:24 +0200
From:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   V.110 and V.120 [Connecting a GSM modem with a freeBSD machine]

Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> V.110 is not supported by i4b. Although i remember that someone from NL
> at least read the specs ;-)

Well, that was the V.120 spec (even though I have read the V.110 spec as
well, and it is equally unenlightening).

My observation is that the ITU V.120 spec of 09/96 does not match what I
see when I trace a V.120 connection. This means I don't understand the
spec, probably; the alternate hypothesis being that noone bothers to
implement the spec. So, I'm not even going to touch this code unless
someone with access to a good protocol analyzer can give me a detailed
protocol trace of a V.120 connection between, say, a PC running the Teles
software and a Compuserve POP (and even *then* I'm not promising a thing).

V.110 should be similar to V.120, but then again, one would expect V.120
implementations to be similar to the spec as well :-)

Cheers,

				-- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis, MIS -- bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com -- +31-20-3116119
The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all