Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 10:40:17 +0100
From:      Tony Byrne <tony@nua.ie>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring devices at boot time.

Hi,

I've been trying rather desperately to install FreeBSD current on my
Miata.  The machine has a dead onboard network controller so I've popped
in a 3COM 3c905B which is detected nicely by the kernel during boot.

Unfortunately, the boot process hangs soon after the kernel spots the
onboard Digital NIC.  Is there any easy way of disabling devices at boot
time in a way similar to the "boot -c" option under i386?  I haven't
been able to find reference to such a facility.

Thanks,

Regards,

Tony.