Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 13:14:41 -0400
From:      Shashi Joshi <shashi@Shift-F1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keyboard problems - CAPS, NUM, SCROLL LOCK lights all keep blinking

Hi,
I know this will sound the silliest but here is my problem:

I had installed 2.2.7 on Pentium machine, and gone for a vacation for a
few weeks. Now I come back and try to start the PC and the keyboard
doesn't work with FreeBSD.

1. I power on the PC
2. I can press F1 and go into the BIOS setup (i.e. the keyboard works)
3. The PC does the device and memory test etc. identifies the SCSI disks
and all.
4. Then it displays the boot:   prompt
5. As soon as or along with that, the CAPS LOCK, NUMLOCK, SCROLL LOCK
lights all 3 start blinking non stop. The keyboard is beyond ANY sanity.
6. Yes, I have already switched keyboards.

7. There was nothing wrong with the whole setup the last time I used it.
No one has tempered with it, since it is in my house. The same keyboard
works prior to the "boot: " prompt.

I am not able to login and modify any files if need be. What option do I
have? Reinstall everything from scratch?

Please CC the reply to my email address as well  shashi@Shift-F1.com

Thanks in advance.

Shashi Joshi