Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:18:46 +0700
From:      Inu Wikantiyoso <inu@sby.centrin.net.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp problem (resolver doesn't work)

Hello all ...

This is my first 60 hours using FreeBSD (3.1-RELEASE), and I'm really
excited with this system, for it's stability and default security
policy.

I read Dan Langille's PPP article I found from a website, and I'm able
to connect to internet ,but my name resolver still doesn't work. I can
send and fetch mail with Netscape 4.5 (through my ISP's SMTP). I use PPP
manually (interactively) as shown at his article, using IP number (not
name).

It's not a problem since I know my ISP's mail server IP number, but I
can't go to rest of the net :(.

BTW, my ISP doesn't give me a static IP and I use a single box at home
(no LAN etc).

So, what should I put on /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file, section ifaddr ? Or,
what I have to do if I connect PPP manually using ppp prompt
(interactive) ? Because'enable dns' command doesn't works.

My /etc/resolve.conf consist :

search centrin.net.id
nameserver 202.146.255.3
nameserver 202.146.255.5

and /etc/hosts consist :

127.0.0.1 localhost

That's my main problem, I hope you would help me because I'm very new to
FreeBSD system.

Thank You very much.

Inu Wikantiyoso
--