Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:44:53 +0200
From:      Frederic <yume@club-internet.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Subject:   Re: Thanks

Sheldon Hearn a écrit:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 01:34:39 +0200, Frederic wrote:
>
> > I am know installing and "giving foods" to a web server
> > powered by FreeBSD and Apache
> [...]
> > But but FreeBSD is not a version of Linux ! Right ?
>
> The headers of the mail don't leave me convinced. I still believe the
> guys at USENIX are getting a little too merry and playing silly buggers
> on the rest of us.
>
> :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Hi,
My English is not at the top but in the above of the middle...
I do not entirely understand your "intellectual" and subtil answer,
I was just trying to place me in the FreeBSD world,
like a common introduction
as "Where do you come from ?" "I came from..."

I just "really" start working on FreeBSD know. It started because I was
searching for a Linux version to run the Internet Server and I finally
discover FreeBSD which is not a type of Linux (but in the same philosophy,
if I can say).

So are enough kind to explain to me your mail ? That you sent to everybody
in the list.

merry = happy, you mean happy like a young dog to be on an operating system
list ? You mean they beleive to belong to a professionnal world as if they
had an open door to Netscape or MicroSoft ? sorry for the example)
silly = stupid, you mean I play like a teenage trying to escape from bugs
and thinking like a God of computer deciding without enough background to
recompile the soul of the system (the core) ?

You give impression to me to be a quick mind maker on people related to all
past meetings you have done. Of course they are some people like you
imagine me.

But I am not a teenage in the bad sens and not in physical or mental age.
Maybe my style reflects freshness that was translated into stupid merry
emotion.

You do not even know me but you make a judgment that classify me in the
stupid users  and merry noisy teens in the high tech team...

What can I say ?
In the computer world, discovering, testing developing NEW things is one of
the principal mind shape.

I think you are very very quick into using that shape.

I wish you a merry un - buggy day Mister Hearn.

A+

Frederic