Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 07:28:39 -0500
From:      Jeffrey S Hertig <jeff@nazer.net>
To:        jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: p5-Apache-1.19

Hi!

I was hoping you could give me a little advice.  I am currently running
apache1.3-fpon my FreeBSD 3.0 system and want to add mod_perl to it.
When I try to make p5-Apache-1.19 it wants to download and install
apache again.  Can you tell me how to add mod_perl without messing with
my current apache setup?

I tried to just make the perl by following the INSTALL directions in
p5-Apache/work/mod_perl-1.19 but the Makefile.PL is looking for
environment variables like "APACHEDIR" which aren't set so it quits. At
this point I am realizing that I know just enough to be dangerous and am
afraid I will screw up my working system.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff