Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 00:29:09 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        Ports Team <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mod_jserv for apache

Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> I'm ready to import a port of jserv DSO for apache.  This port doesn't
> include apache core modules, only jserv's DSO and documents.
>
> What should we choose PKGNAME for it?

NetBSD has had DSO ports for some time, and they use ap-xxx, alas
ap-jserv in this case. But. NetBSD is traditionally less verbose. How
about 'apache-jserv'. I know that there is work going on to move most of
the apache modules to dso, so this will not confuse in the long run.

BTW, Do you have a separate port for the JSDK? I've had a port ready for
quite some time (six months, actually!), but it never got it quite ready
for prime time. The problems I see is that there are different apache
binaries for the different ports (apache, ssl and frontpage). Also,
where should java stuff be put in the hierarchy? I vote for
$PREFIX/share something...

Looking forward to install your port!

Cheers!
/Palle