Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:19:07 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP aliasses

I'm participating in a testprogram for a local CATV ISP. To test I need
to switch to a different IP configuration than what I'm usually running.
But they did make it so, or so they say, that both setups are active and
can be used at the same time, using the same CATV modem which is connected
to one NIC.

So I was wondering whether it would be possible to have that NIC
setup so that it will respond to both IP addresses even though there
will be one default route to the Internet.

Is this possible and if so, is there some documentation as to how
to make it happen?

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.