Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:54:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help getting Xinerama working on Xorg 7.3 / Intel 945GM

Hello,

I'm unable to get Xinerama working on the following configuration:

Computer: Compaq nx7400
OS:       FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE i386, SMP kernel
Video:    Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller
915Res:   i915resolution_enable="YES"
          i915resolution_modes="3c 4d 5c"
          i915resolution_width="1680"
          i915resolution_height="1050"
Xorg ver: xorg-7.3_1
Xorg drv: Driver "vesa"
WindowMgr:windowmaker-0.92.0_3

I've configured my xorg.conf correctly, but when I startx, nothing
displays on the external monitor (Planar PL1700).  In fact, the
monitor displays "No Signal".

Just a bit of background, I've successfully configured Xinerama (and
nView) on a number of boxes in the past.  But I'm being vexed on this
particular laptop that is currently running Xorg in single head.

I'd be glad to supply my xorg.conf and/or Xorg.0.log if necessary and
any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
Doug