Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:41:24 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree 3.3.4 not on ftp.freebsd.org?

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:09:50 -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember that you can get away with a simple "mkdir
> > /var/db/pkg/xxx" to fake it.
>
> Can you think of any ports that test for the existance of XFree86 using
> the package system? They use USE_X_PREFIX or USE_X_LIB, both of which
> test for libX11, no?

	Well, in an ideal world the ports that need parts of X would only test for
the parts that they need. However right after 3.2-R came out there was a
flurry of -questions mail about broken pkg dependencies because sysinstall
wasn't properly registering the X install. If the port depending on the
existence of /var/db/pkg/X* is actually an error I'll report what I find to
the -ports list.

Thanks,

Doug