Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:50:05 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   suggestion for new ports section - video

Hi.

There are a growing number of 'video' related ports now
for the Bt848/Bt878 frame grabber/ TV card.

We have FXTV, our TV viewing program (currently in /ports/graphics)
And we can decode teletext with vbidecode, videotext and now
alevt (all in /port/misc)

Soon, I hope to finish the Video4Linux API porting to FreeBSD
which will mean we can port the many linux TV viewing
apps over too.

To organise this, what do you all think about a new ports
section.

Perhaps called Video
or maybe called TV

which would contain programs related to video capture,
TV viewing and Teletext decoding.

Roger