Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:03:35 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   (P)review: sigset_t for more than 32 signals

Disclaimer:
This is still work in progress.

When we want to support Linux binaries in the future and possibly also want
real-time signals, then we need to support more than 32 signals.

Current status:
The diffs result in a working backwards compatible GENERIC kernel. The
linuxulator also doesn't seem to be broken. Recompiling programs (such as
sh) also seems to work *in general*.

Known problems:
Building world fails because the freshly built cpp segfaults. A setjmp call
that may be involved matches the problem of a return address being 0. gdb
does not display a complete backtrace...

Diffs:
kernel/userland	-  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~marcel/signal.diff
linux module	-  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~marcel/linux.diff

To do:
o  LINT needs to be compiled to make sure most code has been changed,
o  most of userland still needs be touched,
o  the alpha port needs to be taken care of.

Your suggestions, comments, criticism and participation is requested!

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/