Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:37:09 +0100
From:      Richard Morte <richard@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   pppctl configuration

Hi,

I would like to be able to control ppp running in -auto mode by using
pppctl, but I cannot get it to work properly.

The appropriate entries in ppp.conf appear to be:

 set server /var/run/internet "" 0177	# (taken from the FreeBSD Boook)

 or, with a password:

 set server /var/tmp/internet "MySecretPassWord 0177

to close the connection the following can be issued via a shell script:

 #!/bin/sh
 exec pppctl /var/run/internet set timeout 300\;close

But all I get is the message "Socket operation on non-socket". Any ideas
what else I need to do?

Cheers

ric