Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 21:26:14 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New CVSup mirror sites

John Polstra wrote:

> One common misconception is that cvsup(N+1).FreeBSD.org is somehow
> less up-to-date than or not as good as cvsup(N).FreeBSD.org.  That's
> not the case at all -- the numbers mean nothing.  For example, all 7
> of the US mirror sites get their updates hourly from the same master
> site.  (So do most of the non-US mirrors.)  The only reasons to choose

Most, but not all. Is it possible to list that information too. As well
as an on easily found place.

The link on the mainform gives http://www.nl.freebsd.org/support.html#cvs
which does not list that information. A search gives over 25 documents,
one of which is http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors-cvsup.html
which also does not list that tidbit.

I switched from the dutch mirror to an UK one because the latter was
more up to date. So now there is a new dutch mirror. However, it is
not clear how up to date it is.

Roelof

Het Slakke Huis op http://SlakkeHuis.com/
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.