Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 23:07:29 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Xuan Chen <xuanchen@catarina.usc.edu>
Cc:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410 pccard ethernet?

Xuan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Guy Middleton wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have a Netgear FA410 pccard ethernet adapter working with
> > FreeBSD?  I'm using version 3.2, installed from the distribution CD.
>
> Mine is Netgear FA310tx. It was "detected", but under the name of the
> network card from another vendor---En Lite...or something similar. But,
> did not work at all. Any idea?

Note Guy is asking about a pccard, i.e. PCMCIA adapter and everyone is
answering with hints about a PCI card.

The NetGear FA310TX uses a LiteOn PNIC chip, so you will need to have the pn
device configured in your kernel in order to use it.

As far as the FA410 goes, you might try some permutation of "ed".  Their
datasheet on the website is singularly unhelpful:

	http://www.netgearinc.com/products/ds_fa410tx/index.shtml