Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:35:23 +0200
From:      Vadim Chekan <vadim@gc.lviv.ua>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to upgrade from 3.3 to 4

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to update from 3.3-R to 4.0-current but without success.
cc every time died on the same place.
I upgraded via sources to 3.3-stable without any problem.
When I try again cc died with message "Bad system call"
I wrote in /etc/makefile.conf
CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc295
CXX=/usr/local/bin/g++295
NOTOOLS=
and now it can't locale libc.so.4 :(

I took a look at maillist and found the same problem 2.2.x->3.0 upgrade.
If I understood right it was because of a function moved from kernel to
library.

Is my problem known or I should post more logs?

Vadim Chekan.