Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:21:35 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Interpreting a port's Makefile

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:44:07 CST, "David J. Kanter" wrote:

> #BROKEN=		'installs files during build'
>
> Does this mean the port is broken, or that it once was broken but is now
> fixed? (Because the BROKEN= is commented-out.)

It's a pity you didn't mention the exact port or we might have been able
to be more specific.  Port's that are unbroken usually ahve the BROKEN
line removed, not commented out.

Most often, you'll see a commented out BROKEN when someone's manually
edited the local Makefile to try fixing the port.

Ciao,
Sheldon.