Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 10:31:14 +0200
From:      Sparky <mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Backups

Hello....

Can anyone help me?
I want to do backups of 4 machines to a backup server ( all running
Unix )

machine 1     LINUX REDHAT 6
machine 2    SOLARIS 2.6
machine 3    FREEBSD
machine 4    LINUX REDHAT 6
backup           FREEBSD

The idea is to use the crontab daemon to scp the machines necessary
files to the backup server,
and then for the backup server to....well of course back them up.

The first question is :

1)    Is this way correct.
2)    How do I get the backup to accecpt scp connections without a
password from only those               machines.
3)    How to set up the crontab file on the machines to perform the
sending tasks.

I have tried to edit the sshd config files....but no luck.
I have also tried some tests with crontab file ..... no luck.

Note:     You might wonder why I am asking these questions......well
actually I am new to UNIX aprox   4 weeks. So all the advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Mark
Mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za