Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 18:28:58 +0000
From:      Otter <otterr@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPoA

Kip Macy wrote:

> Is there a possibility of using PPPoA (ADSL) on FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks.
>
>                                 -Kip

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of it... considering mine's been
going for a little over a year now. Find out what your isp requires for
login authentication and make sure you have NIC support for your card in
the kernel. Mine uses DHCP, so I just use isc-dhcp2 in the ports and all
is well in the southeast for bellsouth.net users.
-Otter
p.s. If you run an old fbsd box, you might want to install bpf also. I
think (but not sure)DHCP requires it.