From:      Scott Michel <scottm@aero.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony SDT-5000 tape drive (again)

Perhaps it's just the way I ask questions or possibly I'm not
supplying the correct information.

I recently purchased a SDT-5000 and attempted to use it with
FreeBSD 3.4. For some reason or another, when using flexbackup,
the SCSI tape driver appears to lose its concept of sesssion,
and the messages about the tape being frozen appear.

What would be useful information to help diagnose this problem,
in addition to my kernel config, the output from 'boot -v' when
using the tape? How should I go about diagnosing the problem,
given I'm not a SCSI guru?

Suggestions gratefully accepted, even if they include "Go jump
off a tall building."

-scooter