Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:48:38 -0500
From:      Tod Luginbuhl <tod@science-guy.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@whetstonelogic.com>, FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMP oddity

Patrick Gardella wrote:

> Does this patch work for anyone else?  More importantly, does it break
> anything for anyone?
>
> Note:  The below patch is for 3.4-RELEASE.  If you are using something
> else, you'll have to patch the file by hand, but it's not difficult :)

I am running 3.4-RELEASE on a dual Pentium-III 450mHz ASUS P2BDS
system.  I install the patch this afternoon by hand, rebuilt and install
the new kernel. The information cpu clock speed information comes up
correctly now when booting the new kernel.  I haven't done extensive
system testing yet, but the kernel seems to be stable.

--
Tod Luginbuhl                         email:  t.e.luginbuhl@ieee.org
Code 2121

"Don't argue with drunks and fanatics!" -- Sun Wolf (Barbara Hambly)