Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:31:39 -0800
From:      Neil Phipps <nphipps@sgi.com>
To:        "Dixon, Travis" <travisd@cda.com>
Cc:        "'aic7xxx@freebsd.org'" <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7899 problems

Find out which version of the aic7xxx driver you are using ... it shows
up during the boot sequence ... I have had a problem with a similar (but
not identical) configuration.  It was solved with aic7xxx 5.1.25, 26 and
27 versions (I haven't tried the latest yet).  You can get the drivers
from Doug Ledford's page at RedHat ( people.redhat.com/dledford ) and
there are comprehensive instructions there as well.

Hope it helps, let me know.

Regards,

--
Neil Phipps