Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 23:27:06 -0400
From:      Dany Cayouette <danyc@playground.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: question on Dell Latitude laptops

I also have a few questions on a Dell Latitude CPiA.  I run dedicated
FreeBSD  systems  on a couple of old desktop at home (486 & PII) but never
tried a laptop, yet. (and never tried dual-boot)  I have a Dell CPiA
running Win95 and I was hoping to make it a dual boot system with FreeBSD.
How does/can FreeBSD support a 'docked' and 'undocked' setting?  How do you
tell the NeoMagic to switch from the 'dock' scrren connector to the TFT
Display?

The laptop has a 6 Gig Hard Drive.  a 2Gig partition (C: drive) where most
of the applications are and the rest of the disk is one 4Gig partition that
is split into 2 'logical DOS' partition D: and E:.  I have most of my data
on the D: drive.  I am not sure if I can do this but maybe someone can help
me here...  Somebody said I might be able to do this with a program called
Partition Magic.  I would like to 'free' my E: partition and install a 2Gig
FreeBSD partition.  I am not sure if this can be done because it is a DOS
logical partition.   I am also wondering if I will be able to boot FreeBSD
(something about a boot section above 1024cylinder).

Any experiences/hints would be appreciated....

Dany