Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 10:21:11 -0400
From:      Mike Alich <hostmaster@cctinc.net>
To:        nate@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: jdk-1.1.8

I downloaded this port and when I run either make or make install it
says the port is already installed and I could either uninstall and
reinstall the ports or use the FORCE_PACKAGE_REGISTER.

Well knowing the port was not installed and the only way I could get the
package installed was to use the FORCE option, I did.  Turns out the
install I think went in but erased my entire /var/db/pkg directory and
put some install info from the port in there.

Do you have a fix for this?  I am working on a installing the JServ
module and have a limited time frame.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

--
Mike Alich