Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:09:56 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Extra in the bento's logs

Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
>
>  * It seems that addition of the "Extra" reson to the bento logs is extremly bad
>  * idea, at least in its current implementation. The logs has been bloated (~600
>  * broken ports in the list - sic!) with false alarms and it is now very difficult
>  * to differentiate really broken ports from those that just adds several subdirs
>  * into locale directory.
>
> Which ones are false alarms?

Sorry for that, I should admit that it was my mistake - I overlooked useful
information.

BTW, why not adjust error logs to be in the html format instead of a plain text? By
doing so we could add colorisation of the various build stages as well as other
niceties and provide ability to jump straight to the problematic stage by tagging it
somehow (e.g. http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-latest/someport.log.html#configure)
which could save some time necessary for scrolling down endless logs.

Also some form of searching/filtering ability would be really nice because it is a bit
frustrating and time consuming to search my own ports in the list of some 600
problematic entries.

-Maxim