Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2000 00:17:13 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-wm/afterstep/pkg PLIST

Will Andrews wrote:

> Maxim suggested a surefure EASY way to help update PLISTs faster (and I
> improved on it myself):

	I use a slight modification of this that has worked well for me.

touch $PREFIX/flagfile
> make install
> make deinstall
> find $PREFIX -newer $PREFIX/flagfile | awk -F$PREFIX '{print $2}' >> pkg/PLIST
> edit pkg/PLIST manually

	I agree that this should be in the porter's handbook. (I would also
agree with Maxim that sed would be a little easier to read, but that's
purely a matter of preference.)

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire