Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:06:17 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   tele-/videotext

These days I found a piece of software called "alevt", which
is a C-based teletext decoder (using /dev/vbi). I downloaded
it and with little effort I squeezed it through gcc.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. There where simply no pages,
even the built-in help pages I could only see, when running
under a debugger. It was quite late and I didn't try too hard
to get it working.
So, my question is, if someone already got it to work. I really
prefer a single fast program for viewing teletext, instead of
running vbidecode and a slow java application.

But this configuration does work and I like to thank Randall for
his great work! :-)
When we will ever meet, I'll contribute a sixpack of beer!

Btw., you can find alevt here: http://user.exit.de/froese/

--
Tom