Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:08:40 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Scott Donovan <Scott.Donovan@tassie.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: Smart Cache VI and FBSD 4.0

Scott Donovan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to find unsuccessfully if very 4.0 (release) or any other
> modern versino of freebsd supports the DPT SmartCache VI.
>
> Any hints in this area would be great.

Closest we've got is FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE running with Simon's i2o drivers (And
it is running very well)...
I believe he is working on a port to 4.0 - but AFAIK there were a number of
internal changes in 3.X to 4.X which means moving it isn't the walk in the
park that keeping it on 3.X is :)

Simon does have a web site, and a mailing list - if you visit
www.simon-shapiro.org, it's probably worth you signing up to the mailing list
for more details...

-Karl