Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:30:42 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zip Drives, SCSI controlers and 4.1-RELEASE

I'm going to ask what I assume is a stupid question - Does FreeBSD
support SCSI zip drives? There I asked it. The reason I'm asking, is I
have one hooked up to an antique SCSI controler (its an ISA Future
Domain controler of some sort..I'm sure I could dig up the model number
somewhere if anyone thinks its worth it) that I'm pretty sure is not
supported by anything except NT4.0, which was holdover support from
NT3.5. What I'd like to know, is what can I get as far as a SCSI
controler that will work under 4.1-RELEASE, supports internal and
external (for the Zip) drives, and will support some form of newer SCSI
hard drive. Also, once I have such a beast, is FreeBSD just going to
pick up this Zip Drive and run with it, or am I going to have to make
some adjustments to get it working? Could someone point me to the proper
documents for these adjustments? Thanks.

--
Drew Sanford